1 large whole cauliflower
½ cup olive oil
Fresh ground pepper
1 small brown onion, finely diced
½ small fennel bulb, finely diced
2 clove garlic, finely diced
2 tbsp Mutti Double Concentrate Tomato Paste
2 sprigs basil
½ cup white wine
2 400g tins Mutti Cherry Tomatoes
1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives, roughly chopped
1 tin butter beans, drained, rinsed well
1/3 cup each picked flat leaf parsley & basil
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil, add 2 tbsp salt and poach the whole cauliflower, leaves attached for 10 minutes. Drain and allow to steam dry for at least 15 minutes or store uncovered in the fridge overnight to really dry out.
- Preheat an oven to 210C and line a baking tray with baking paper. Place the cauliflower on the baking tray, rub with 1.4 cup of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20-25 minutes, until golden.
- Meanwhile in a medium saucepan, add the remaining olive oil, onion, fennel, garlic, a good pinch of salt and cook over a medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Next add the Mutti Tomato Paste and cook for another 1 minute then add the basil sprigs, white wine and cook for 1 minute longer before adding the Mutti Cherry Tomatoes and 1 cup of water. Simmer for 10 minutes, adjust the seasoning and add the olives and butterbeans to heat through.
- Serve the roast cauliflower with the sauce spooned over and around, finishing with the herbs and a good crack of black pepper and a good splash of olive oil.