5 tbsp olive oil
3 cloves garlic, sliced
½ cup blanched almonds
1 brown onion, finely diced
Fresh ground black pepper
3 tbsp Mutti Double Concentrate Tomato Paste
Pinch sweet smoked paprika
2 desiree potatoes, peeled, sliced
into 5mm thick slices
4 fresh bay leaves
1 cup dry white wine or cava
Pinch saffron threads (optional)
1 cup Mutti Polpa Finely Chopped Tomatoes
3 cups fish stock (vegetable or chicken
can also be substituted)
300g monkfish fillet, diced (substitute any in
season white fish like ling)
300g cleaned squid tubes and tentacles,
sliced 2cm rounds
4 raw king prawns
½ cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat a small frying-pan over a medium heat.
- Add 2 tbsp of the oil, the garlic, almonds, a pinch of salt and cook stirring constantly to caramelise lightly then remove to a pestle and mortar and set aside to cool. Pound to a rough breadcrumb texture and add the parsley then set aside.
- Heat a large, deep saucepan over a medium/high heat and add the remaining olive oil, onion and a good pinch of salt. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes until translucent but no colour.
- Add the Mutti tomato paste, paprika, bay leaf and potato, stir through and continue to cook for 2 minutes longer. Add the wine, saffron and cook for 2 minutes then add the Mutti Polpa, stock and simmer for 10 minutes until potatoes are almost cooked.
- Add the fish and cook gently for 2 minutes then the squid, prawns and mussels. Cover and cook for 5 minutes then serve topped with the almonds.