- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 large red chilli, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped finely
- 1 large cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 400g tin Mutti Polpa Finely Chopped Tomatoes
- 8 whole peppercorns
- ½ cup water
- 500g large green prawns, peel and deveined, tails in tact
- 100 grams feta cheese, cut into cubes
- Extra chopped parsley for garnishing
- Crusty bread to serve
1. Place the olive oil, onion, salt and chilli in a large frying pan. Stir, ensuring all the ingredients have been well coated by the olive oil.
2. Turn the heat on to medium and cook until the onion is translucent and soft, approximately 5 minutes.
3. Add the parsley and oregano to the pan and cook for a further 1 minute.
4. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
5. Add the Mutti Polpa and peppercorns and cook for 5 minutes.
6. Add the water and stir. Cover the pan with a lid, reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 30 minutes.
7. Add the prawns to the pan, spread out in a single layer. Cook for 2 minutes. Turn the prawns over. Add the feta to the pan. Cook for a further 2 minutes, or until the prawns have cooked through and the feta has just started to melt.
8. Garnish with chopped parsley and enjoy with chunks of crusty bread