Curried lentil soup
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1/3 cup mild curry paste
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 1 cup red lentils
- 560g jar Mutti Inventa Sugo
- 1 litre salt reduced vegetable stock naan bread, to serve
1.Heat oil in a large saucepan. Add onion, celery and carrot and cook over a low heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2.Add curry paste, garlic and ginger and cook, stirring for 3 minutes longer.
3.Add lentils, sugo and stock to saucepan. Simmer for 1 hour or until cooked, stirring occasionally. Add water if soup becomes too thick. Serve with naan bread.
Tip: Soup can be served with a dollop of plain yoghurt, if desired.